Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Gnats, Fruit Flies, Be Gone!

If you compost or garden, you most certainly will have a gnat or fruit fly problem at some point.  Well, the other day, I opened the lid to the compost can in our kitchen (which was full and should have been dumped in the compost pile much sooner), and HUNDREDS of fruit flies flew out and invaded our home.    They were all over the fresh fruit and vegetables I keep out on the counter and they were getting on the food in the refrigerator (bla, gross).  A bunch of them even invaded our master bathroom which seems strange to me since it’s in another part of the house away from the kitchen.  They seem to love the big mirror in there, leaving dirty spots all over it.  (Grrrrr!)  We battled these pesky things for days!  Finally, after being attacked in my own bathroom while minding my own business if you know what I mean, I declared war on these tiny little beasts!   So I tried this little trick.

Pour apple cider vinegar and a little dish soap in a bowl……..

1

…..and wait.  Yep, it’s that simple!


Twenty minutes later, I went back to check my trap.  Lo and behold, it worked!

2

No harsh chemicals, no messy clean-up, and best of all, NO MORE FRUIT FLIES!    Hahahahahaha! (Evil Laugh)

Now, maybe I'm the last one on Earth to learn this simple trick, but just in case there is anyone else out there who has not been privy to such information, you are now in the know.

That’s my Home Girl tip of the day.   Thanks for stopping by, Homies! Pin It

No comments: